A few of our croppers approached us recently about hosting a shoebox swap. The idea of a shoebox swap is that at the end of the day, each participant walks away with 12 of finished projects. Each person designs a paper craft item – one A2 (or larger) card or gift card holder, 3 tags, treat bag or something we haven’t thought of* – and then prepare enough materials for each member of the group to each make one of your item. After doing a little research, we’ve determined the guidelines below for our first LNC Shoebox swap. Signups for this event will be capped at 12 people.
Who: All Papercrafters
When: Sunday November 9 – 10am-3pm
Cost: $25 (includes lunch)
- Please plan your project to be something that can be completed in 5-10 minutes.
- Precut and pre-score all cardstock and necessary elements of the project. We just want to sit down to assemble the project.
- All elements of the project must fit in a bag or envelope.
- All items should be pre-stamped. If your stamped image is colored in some way, please bring the appropriate coloring supplies.
- IF your project requires special adhesive, i.e., glue dots, two-way glue, you will need to provide it.
- Label all materials, tools, etc in your shoebox with your name/initials just to make certain they don’t get lost.
- Please have all cardstock, ribbons, etc. scored/precut and provide everything needed to assemble your project (except basic adhesive and scissors). Everyone will use their own basic adhesive and scissors.
- Make one sample that will be placed inside your shoebox.
- Label your shoebox with your name.
- Cards should be A2 or larger and must include an envelope.
- A2 Envelope size – 4-3/8” x 5-3/4”
- A2 Card paper size – 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” (half a letter sized sheet)
- A2 Finished card size – 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”
- Tags must be at least 2″ x 3″ but can be larger and include some sort of ribbon, twine, yarn, etc of a reasonable length allow the tag to be affixed to a package.
- Please use at least 2 layers, and add an embellishment of some sort (buttons, wire, stickles, crystal effects, etc.)
- Create something that you would love to get back in return.
*If you have a project that we don’t have listed, please run it by us.
**PS: this is our first one so bear with us ;) Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions!